Thursday, February 10, 2011

Double-Knit (Surprise!) Hat

I guess it was a natural progression that I moved on to a more complicated pattern for double-knitting, although I'm feeling fairly knit-out by the end of this. I made the hat following the pattern here with a chart I put together featuring those delightful invaders from space, the Space Invaders. Their pixely goodness lent itself perfectly to a knitting chart and while I would normally get bored pretty quickly on a bigger project (yeah, for me a hat IS a bigger project, especially if I actually finish it!) the emerging pattern plus the added challenge of the second colour layer made it fun.

I do feel like it needs some kind of pompom on top but you kinda can't without also having some kind of pompom on the inside too. So, dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment